Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wish Bracelet Charm

I'd heard of these before, but had never thought of making one until I found a small tutorial. Wish bracelets are braided cords which, as you make them, you focus on your wish, and when they break, your wish comes true.

All you need is the string (ideally embroidery string you can get at a craft store) in three colors of your choosing, and any little charms/beads that have meaning and are relevant to your wish. You need to cut the strings long enought to wrap around your wrist (or ankle) three times.

Some people like to braid their bracelets/anklets in a ritual, but I don't feel this is necessary. I made mine right in the desk chair I'm sitting her typing in right now.

Mine is just all light pink, made out of regular yarn. I wished for new friends/love, acceptance for who I am, and confidance. I got into a pattern as I was braiding: friends, love, confidence, acceptance, friends, love, confidence, acceptance... It helped me keep my focus as I braided.

Once your bracelet/anklet is on, you wait however long it takes for it to break, and when it does, your wish will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers