Sunday, July 5, 2009

At Night in the Rain!!

The last two nights have been...different. Last night, July 4th night, we could here fireworks all around the mile long loop of houses I live in, but we couldn't see any of them, since fireworks weren't allowed in our complex. So me, my sister and her friend all decided to go sit in the bed of the truck in front of the house, hoping for a glimpse. What we ended up doing was dancing and sprinting up and down the rain soaked road like complete idiots, and it was so awesome!

We were bored, but it felt nice outside and it was sprinkling. It's like at night, you can be yourself because it's dark and no one's watching. I was skipping in the mini stream of water in the middle of the road barefoot and spinning in circles, because I felt free. Normally our parents keep us on a tight leash, but we were unexpectedly allowed to stay outside the house until 11 o'clock at night for the first time ever! My sister tried to pull a move from The Notebook, lying down in the middle of the road waiting for a car, but she chickened out and got out of the road she saw headlights hundreds of feet away. It was quite funny to watch.

It was nice, being outside for once. It's the middle of summer, but usually I'm cooped up in the house on the computer because I have nothing to do and it's to hot to go outside, and I wouldn't need to anyway, because there's nothing to do where I live.

Tonight we got to go outside again. We were out until 10, while it was misting rain. I was flat on my back on the porch, totally relaxed, staring up at the overcast sky. It wasn't totally dark, because lights from the hospital across the way and nearby complexes (sp?) kept reflecting of the clouds. No running around today though. Mom kept us on the porch. Oh well, maybe tomorrow night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers