Saturday, August 8, 2009

And Senior Year Begins!

Yesterday was the official first day of school. It was hectic because there were tons of people lost after the assembly. The seniors (myself not included) were acting all macho and tough to scare the freshmen. This year's assembly theme was the jungle: the seniors were "the Kings of the Jungle" and the freshmen were the "fresh meat" and "prey". The classes had assigned sections in the gym, and although I'm a senior, I sat with my sister in the freshman section, since it was her first day of high school and all.

As for my classes, they're ok. I have very few people I know in any of them. But that's okay. I'll be able to focus on my work, because there is no way I'm not graduating this year. My classes are all big. My Anatomy class is so large we had at least five people without chairs, and there were about 30+ desks.

Bad news with my culinary class. The counselors didn't thin out the class before school started, so there were many more than the 16 person limit the culinary teacher requested. So I may not be able to take it. Some people even had to write essays to get in, but I wasn't here for the registration process, so I don't know where I stand.

And, without extra curricular club dues, I have $60 in fees already, plus the cost of the art portfolio I have to get for my art class. I don't even know how big I need it to be, unfortunately. Speaking of my art class though, the four main tables are really cool. The centers are eight sided, with four tables extending out, so they look like equal sided crosses.

I can't wait for school on Tuesday, since Monday is staff development day already. For having the best school in the county, the admin is really thick sometimes.

Well, to everyone else who's starting a new school year, and even to those who aren't, good luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds so exciting. Best of luck staying in your culinary class. And best of luck with the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I don't have to go through HS again.

    ReplyDelete

Followers